About Our School
Charles Barrett is an elementary school with a strong arts-integrated academic program, dedicated staff, committed local community, and a diverse student body. The staff of Charles Barrett provides a program of academic excellence, social-emotional learning, and equity. We are dedicated to a learning partnership with our students and their families and support systems. The following beliefs define our vision as well as our daily practices.
- We believe in preparing each student to thrive in our diverse and ever-changing world.
- We believe meaningful learning takes place in a positive, structured, nurturing, and child-centered environment.
- We believe our diversity enriches our learning environment and we value the opportunities that it brings.
- We believe collaboration among teachers, staff members, and caregivers is vital to achieving success in our school and community.
8:00 a.m.–2:35 p.m.
- Back to School Ice Cream Social
- Back to School Night
- Barrett Bazaar
- Book Fair
- CETA Arts Integration Night
- Field Day
- Holiday Shop
- Math Night
- PBIS Dance Party
- School Play
- Talent Show
- Thanksgiving Community Open House
- Welcome Breakfast for New Parents
- Winter/Spring Concerts
Charles Barrett Beliefs
The staff of Charles Barrett is committed to providing a program of academic excellence and equity. We are dedicated to a learning partnership with our students and their families.
The following beliefs define our vision as well as our daily practices:
- We believe each student can achieve academic success
- We believe meaningful learning takes place in a positive, orderly, nurturing and child-centered environment
- We believe our diversity enriches our learning environment and we value the challenges that it brings
- We believe teamwork among teachers, staff members, and parents are vital to achieving success in our educational program
- The arts serve as our foundation for teaching and learning. We, at Charles Barrett, integrate the arts into every aspect of our learning community to create lifelong students.
School Mascot, Colors and Motto
School Mascot: Panda
School Colors: Green and White
School Motto: "We’re Building a Better World…One Child at a Time!
Absences / Dismissal Changes
Any changes in your child's dismissal should be called into the office by noon each day or emailed to email@example.com.
If you are absent, have a doctor's appointment, or will miss school for any reason please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Charles Barrett Data
Student Body Demographics
- Asian/Pacific Islander: 3%
- Black or African American: 9%
- White: 43%
- Hispanic: 39%
- Multi-racial: 6%
- Eligible for free or reduced price meals: 36.1%
- Students requiring English Learners (EL) services: 34%
- Students receiving special education services: 18%
- Number of Licensed Staff: 62
- With post-graduate degrees: 76%